Dental Implants are one of today’s most popular long-term solutions to missing teeth. They are small titanium screws that are inserted into the jawbone and take over the function of the root of a tooth. That root can then be restored with a crown, bridge, or be used to support dentures. Recent technological advances have made dental implant treatment more straightforward, even in cases where there is little remaining bone, and at Wayside we have embraced those changes with all of our implants now being placed with computer guided surgery, and with the aid of dental lasers.
The main benefits are
- Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth.
- They function like normal teeth, so you can eat what you like, and speech isn’t affected like it can be with dentures.
- They improve a patient’s self confidence so also general quality of life.
- The dental implant preserves the bone around the area and also new bone grows around the implant. This ensures that facial structure is maintained. Without a dental implant, the bone in that area will eventually be lost, and this can have an impact on remaining teeth as well as on facial appearance.
- Replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant rather than a dental bridge avoids having to cut into other adjacent healthy teeth.
- Dental implants are easy to clean around to keep gums healthy.
- Dental implants can last as long as natural teeth if they are looked after properly and regular trips to the hygienist are maintained.
- Dental implant surgery is safe and predictable and at Wayside we have over a 98% success rate over 12