Whiten your teeth and brighten your smile from the comfort of your own home
Wayside Dental Practice has been providing tooth whitening to patients in Harpenden, St Albans and Hertfordshire for over 30 years. Tooth or teeth whitening is an easy and comparatively low-cost cosmetic treatment with a big impact on your smile. Whitening your teeth is great way to give yourself a fresher, younger looking smile, gives your self-confidence a boost and adds another level of comfort in a multitude of social and work occasions.
At Wayside we offer two trusted and effective tooth whitening systems, Enlighten Evo4 and Philips Zoom.
Both are home whitening treatments where you wear trays loaded with gel either for an hour during the day, or overnight. With both systems, you’ll need a dental examination before treatment can be prescribed to assess the health of your gums and teeth.
ENLIGHTEN TOOTH WHITENING AT WAYSIDE IN HARPENDEN
Why whiten your teeth with Enlighten Evo4?
With Enlighten, whitening your teeth is easy, seamless and comes with guaranteed results.
With a premium whitening system, a fully trained dental team at the ready to give you exactly the smile you want, whitening your teeth has never been easier.
Why use the Enlighten whitening system?
Here are some reasons why you’ll love Enlighten:
- Guaranteed B1 shade (the most natural white shade on the vita guide).
- No diet changes are required so you can continue eating your favourite foods to your heart’s content.
- Long-lasting guaranteed results., 98% success rate.
HOW DOES THE ENLIGHTEN EVO4 WHITENING SYSTEM WORKS?
Simply follow these steps to you’ll be on your
way to a whiter, brighter smile.
- Book a tooth whitening consultation at Wayside Dental in Harpenden.
- After your initial consultation, your Wayside dentist will take a scan of your teeth so that your whitening trays can be made. We’ll use our intra-oral scanner to ensure exact results and properly fitting trays. You will come back to collect of your trays and will be provided with a home kit to start the next stage of the Enlighten teeth whitening system.
- We will explain fully how use the Enlighten kit. The whitening stage itself takes place entirely at home. Start by using Enlighten Serum every time you brush your teeth to keep sensitivity at bay.
- Begin your 3-week treatment as follows: use the 10% gel in your first week, every night, then 16% gel in the second week, every night, and then finish your treatment with the 6% gel for 1 hour a day for 7 days.
- Use your Enlighten White toothpaste to maintain your new bright white smile. This toothpaste will have an additional whitening effect on your teeth.
- After these simple steps, you will be left with whiter teeth and a perfect smile to match. Other than some easy aftercare, the procedure is all but done in this short, 21-day time frame. Congratulations! You’ve finished your whitening treatment.
PHILLIPS ZOOM TOOTH WHITENING AT WAYSIDE IN HARPENDEN
Why whiten your teeth with the Phillips Zoom system?
- Philips Zoom is a highly effective tooth whitening system which our Harpenden, St Albans and Hertfordshire dental patients have been using successfully for many years. Phillips Zoom Whitening is carried out by the patient at home.
- At your first appointment at Wayside we’ll scan your teeth so your custom-made trays can be created. Around two weeks later your trays will be ready and you’ll have a consultation with your Wayside dentist to make sure the trays fit and show you how to use the whitening gel safely and effectively. You’ll be given enough gel for at least two weeks of whitening by which time your teeth should be the desired shade.
- Phillips Zoom Whitening comes as either a Day Whitening System, where trays are worn for a couple of hours each day, or a Night Whitening System, where trays are worn overnight. You’ll also get advice on what to do if there’s any tooth sensitivity and on your diet to prevent future staining.
Frequently asked questions about Tooth Whitening
Tooth whitening at Wayside Dental Practice is a safe and effective treatment. Your teeth and gums will be assessed to make sure they are healthy before whitening is prescribed. You must, of course, follow the whitening instructions we give you alongside your whitening product. We also do not recommend whitening for pregnant or breastfeeding mums.
Some patients get sensitivity when whitening their teeth. Enlighten comes with desensitiser on little swabs which can be used to ease sensitivity and a special toothpaste to use prior to treatment. When using Zoom, we advise to have a rest from whitening for a couple of days and to rub Sensodyne toothpaste into the affected area.
It cannot whiten restorations so if you’re having any restorative work done, you should whiten your teeth to the desired shade before the restorations are made.
You can eat and drink as normal when using Enlighten Evo4. With Zoom, it’s recommended not to eat or drink foods with strong colours while whitening your teeth.
The results are generally long lasting, but this depends on your diet. If you need to top up your whitening, top up kits for both Enlighten and Zoom are available to buy at reception.
For more information on the cost of tooth whitening visit our FEES page or contact the practice.