COMPOSITE BONDING IN HARPENDEN
Even out your smile and gain confidence in just one visit
If you have chipped teeth, or teeth that are uneven in size or spacing, composite bonding is a quick and minimally invasive option for improving your smile. In addition, we can complete the treatment in just one visit with no tooth preparation or anaesthetic required.
We have a highly experienced team of cosmetic dentists who’ve been providing composite bonding, sometimes referred to as dental bonding, for patients in Harpenden, St Albans, and all over Hertfordshire, for many years. It’s an increasingly popular cosmetic dental procedure that can enhance and dramatically improve the appearance of your smile.
Composite bonding involves the application of a tooth-coloured resin material to your teeth, which is then sculpted and polished to create a natural-looking result. If you’re considering composite bonding, here’s some essential information you’ll need to know.
WHAT IS COMPOSITE BONDING?
Composite Bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure used to improve the appearance of teeth.
A tooth-coloured resin material is applied to the surface of the teeth. We often recommend it for patients looking to improve their appearance. For example, to repair chipped or cracked teeth, close gaps between teeth, change the shape or size of teeth, and cover stains or discoloration.
Composite bonding for front teeth is also a popular choice. The resin material is bonded to the tooth using a special adhesive and then shaped and polished to match the surrounding teeth.
THERE ARE MULTIPLE BENEFITS OF COMPOSITE BONDING
By addressing a range of cosmetic concerns,
it offers natural-looking results and improved functionality.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Composite bonding can significantly improve the appearance of your smile, and patients tell it can give a real boost to your self-confidence.
- Minimal tooth alteration: Unlike some other dental procedures, composite bonding requires minimal alteration of the natural tooth structure.
- Cost-effective: Compared to options like porcelain veneers or crowns, composite bonding is a more affordable cosmetic dental treatment. For more information on the cost of composite bonding, contact us today.
- Quick and convenient: The cosmetic bonding process can often be completed in a single visit to your Wayside dentist, saving you time and multiple appointments.
- Versatile: Composite bonding can address various cosmetic concerns, including chips, cracks, gaps, and discoloration, providing a comprehensive solution.
- Improved functionality: In addition to enhancing aesthetics, composite bonding can restore the functionality of damaged or decayed teeth.
- Natural-looking results: The tooth-coloured resin material used in composite bonding can be precisely matched to your natural tooth shade, ensuring a seamless blend with your smile.
- Durable: While composite bonding may not last as long as some other dental restorations, it can still provide several years of functionality and aesthetic improvement.
- Less Invasive: With composite bonding, less healthy tooth tissue is removed than would be required for crowns and veneers.
Frequently Asked Questions about Composite Bonding
Composite bonding typically lasts between 5 to 10 years, depending on your oral hygiene habits and the amount of wear and tear the bonded teeth endure.
We ensure our patients are comfortable and use anaesthesia where required.
While composite bonding can improve the appearance of crooked teeth to some extent, it is not a substitute for orthodontic treatment. In cases of significant misalignment, orthodontic options may be more suitable.
The duration of the procedure depends on the number of teeth being bonded. On average, it takes about 30 minutes to 1 hour per tooth.
Composite bonding materials are resistant to staining; however, they can still discolour over time with exposure to certain foods, drinks, and tobacco products.
You can eat and chew normally after composite bonding. However, it’s advisable to avoid biting on hard objects or using your teeth as tools to prevent damage to the bonded material.
Maintaining good oral hygiene practices, such as brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and regular dental check-ups, is essential for the longevity of bonded teeth.
Yes, composite bonding can be used on both front and back teeth. It can help repair cavities, restore damaged teeth, and improve their aesthetic appearance.
Fees for composite bonding vary depending on how many teeth you want bonded. After your initial consultation, your dentist will send you a fully costed plan. We also offer interest free finance, subject to status.