At Wayside Dental, all our dentists are highly experienced and qualified to offer composite bonding treatment in a professional manner. Patients from Harpenden, St Albans and other nearby communities looking for composite bonding treatment, often prefer Wayside Dental because of our experience in providing world class dental treatment at affordable fees.
What is Composite Bonding?
Composite bonding uses tooth-coloured composite resin to repair chips, cracks or broken teeth or to improve the proportions of your smile.
A small amount of resin will be added to the affected tooth or teeth to improve its proportions, colour and appearance. The resin is then sculpted to the desired shape as it sets so that it covers and fills your damaged teeth. Composite Bonding treatment is efficient that one will not be able to tell which teeth have been worked on.
Composite bonding is one of the most convenient and least complicated ways to achieve faster results when repairing crooked, stained or broken teeth.
When is Composite Bonding treatment required?
Composite Bonding treatment may be required to fix the following oral problems:
- Repair broken, cracked, fractured or chipped teeth
- Change the shape of your teeth
- Fill gaps between teeth
- Cover the exposed tooth root
What are the benefits of Composite Bonding?
- Very simple treatment and can be completed in one short visit
- One cannot notice any difference from a natural tooth or teeth
- The composite bonding will perfectly match the colour of your teeth for a natural result.
- More affordable alternative to some other cosmetic dental treatments like veneers
- It is a preferred treatment as it doesn’t require existing tooth structure to be drilled.
- Pain free treatment
- Gives a very natural appearance
- Sedation or local anaesthesia is not required
- Less expensive compared to other options
Is Composite Bonding treatment painful?
Absolutely not as neither drilling is required nor any injection is to given to the patient.
How long the Composite Bonding treatment last?
If proper after care is taken, it can lasts anywhere between 5 to 7 years. However, your dentist will be able to tell you more precisely.
How much does Composite Bonding cost?
The composite bonding treatment is quite inexpensive and starts from £125 onwards. After looking at the overall oral health and the amount of treatment required, the dentist will be able to advise exact costs.
What are the aftercare precautions I need to take after having Composite Bonding?
- Brushing your teeth at least twice a day (morning and evening)
- Use tooth brush with soft bristles
- Use toothpaste containing fluoride
- Floss regularly
- Replace your tooth brush every 3 months
- Avoid foods that can stain your teeth – tea, coffee, red wine, chewing tobacco, cigarettes and any other food or drink with artificial colours
- Make sure to drink water after every meal so any small food particles left over between the teeth are flushed
- Avoid biting of pens, pencils and biting of nails as it can wear down the resin
If you are living in Harpenden, St Albans or in nearby communities, Wayside Dental should be your preferred dentist for a world class composite bonding treatment.